Kik Groups | Top Kik Groups and Kik Chat Rooms
Kik Groups | Kik Chat Rooms: The messaging and chatting platform has evolved into a more advanced level with the introduction of several chatting applications. They have turned to be the primary source of communication that made people from anywhere in the world to communicate with anyone. There have been lots of social media platforms available in the app stores, and Kik Messenger is one popular chat application that has gained overall popularity and has been used by more than 300 million users worldwide. Kik is little different from other normal messenger apps as it has been targetted at the teen users. So other than transmitting messages, photos, video, stickers, emojis, GIFs, Kik for PC App has included various new features including KikBots and Kik Groups.
Kik group or Kik Chat Rooms is distinctive as it classified into private and public groups. Thus, you are invited to become more social with the all-new advanced group chat features with the Kik App. This article precisely deals with the Kik Groups, and the reason for discussing this topic is it varies with that of normal group chats. Know the difference between Kik private group and public group and how to create and add friends to it in a step-by-step manner from the below section.
To use all the salient features of Kik Messenger aka Kik, you must have created a Kik account. Make sure you provide a valid and good Kik Username. It is because Kik doesn’t use your phone numbers to identify friends. With the Kik Sign Up, you are officially considered to be the registered user of Kik. Those already have an account can do Kik Login and use the features of the Kik app. There is even an online version of this app available as Kik Online Chat which also gives you the same features as that of the official version.
From this section, you will be getting all the information about the Kik Groups or Kik Chat Rooms, the difference between private and public chat, how to create and join in a group chat in detail. How to do Kik Chat Online.
Private & Public Groups
With the name itself, we can identify that the Private Groups is something that is used to chat privately with the group. Chat with multiple friends at once and send photos, videos, GIFs, and more. Private chat has control over who can join and so the only way to join with a Private Group is to be invited using the group link, or by scanning the unique group code. Private chat provides the option to make Video Chat up to 6 people. The Private Kik Chat Rooms have a total of 50 members, and you are not restricted to be in any number of private groups.
Read also How To Create And Delete Kik Account
If you are an old user of Kik, then you would have to know about the hashtags. It is now named as a Public Groups. With the Public Group chat, you will be able to meet people of your interest. Finding the public group is easy as it will be available as #(username or group name) For, eg. #PokemonGo. So these type of groups are searchable to anybody and can be joined as long as there is a room in the group. The Video Chat feature isn’t available in this Public Kik Chat Rooms, and you can only create up to three Public Groups within 24 hours.
How To Create Kik Groups
As mentioned, Kik groups are two types namely Private and Public groups. Creating any of the groups is very simple. Follow the respective section to create Private or Public Kik groups.
To create a Private Kik Groups, you must follow the below steps in order.
- Step 1: Go to your main chats list and tap the + icon.
- Step 2: Now you have to select Start a Group.
- Step 3: Just tap the names of those friends whom you wanted to add to your group. Optionally you can set a group name and picture for easy identification.
- Step 4: Now you have to tap on the Start option present in the top-right corner.
To create a Public Kik Groups, you must follow the below steps in order.
- Step 1: From your Kik main chats list you have to tap the + icon.
- Step 2: Now tap on the Public Groups and tap + icon.
- Step 3: Set a Name, photo, and # (username of the group). With this hashtag, people can easily find your group. You can tap on the names of friends you wanted to add to the group which is an optional thing although.
- Step 4: Now tap on the Start option.
Kik is available for
- Kik For MAC
- Kik For Windows PC
- Kik For iOS
- Kik Apk For Android
- Kik For Windows Phone
- Kik For Blackberry
How To Add Friends To An Existing Kik Groups
It is as easy as to add friends to an existing Private or Public Group at any time. Add any Kik Usernames by inviting, sharing your group’s Kik Code with which the username can scan and join or invite via Kik group link.
Invite via Username
- Step 1: Firstly, you have to open the group chat and tap on the Group Name present at the top of the chat beside the > icon.
- Step 2: Now tap the More icon and tap on Add option to choose friends to add them to your group.
- Step 3: Tap on the names of your friends whom you want to add to your group and tap on Done option in the top-right corner.
Share Group Kik Cod
- Step 1: Open the group chat and tap on the Group Name at the top of the chat beside the > option.
- Step 2: You have to tap Show Kik Code and tap on the Share icon in the top right corner.
- Step 3: Now ask your friends to scan the Kik Code to join in your group.
Invite With a Group Link
- Step 1: You have to open the group chat and tap on the Group Name option at the top of the chat conversation beside the > icon.
- Step 2: Tap on the Share icon and tap on the Copy to Clipboard option.
- Step 3: Now paste the link to wherever you would like to share it.
You may also like Kik Messenger for Windows Phone
To know all your group’s information, you can go to the Group Info Screen where you will be having a list of all the group names. Click on it to see the name, and if there is any hashtag affixed username, then it is the public group name. Group Info Screen also shows your Group Owner and Admins by the green or gold badges marked on their profile picture. Note that there is no way exists to switch from the Private to Public groups or vice versa. So you can only create a new group chat of any desired method.
Thanks For visiting Kik for PC, for queries, please comment below.
Incoming Related Searches
Kik group chat finder
Kik messenger chat room
Kik Chat rooms list
Top Kik group codes